70 Hp Yamaha TLR water pump issue

Tiny08

Recruit
Running a 2008 70 Hp TLR 2 stroke and have come across a problem with the water pump ---- (1.) it doesn't pee, (2.) there is no water pressure showing on the gauge, and (3.) the engine obviously begins to get hot within 30 secs of running.

Now here is what I have done to attempt to solve the issue (and this isn't my first rodeo with this bad boy):

Dropped the lower unit and inspected the impeller, which looked to have moderate abrasions on the ends of the fan. So I ran to the dealer and dropped a new one in there. No dice.

Dropped the lower again, went further this time and removed the entire housing and inspected it. Well it was a total loss with massive corrosion on the lower housing; it had holes in places that shouldn't be there. Got onto to ********** and placed an order for new one; waited about a week and dropped the new one in that bad boy. By this time we have NEW upper and lower housing, cup, impeller, and gaskets. Went to fire her up and NOTHING but a little spit in the face.

Now, I get to thinking about the thermostat. Pulled it off and it too was a total loss. Replaced it and got the same results.

I have already put the water hose up the water tube, there is no obstruction.....good steady flow.

My frustrations have take hold of me as I'm running out of ideas as to what could be causing this. I perform all basic annual winter maintenance on this engine and have never had this problem. I would appreciate any feed back.