issue with secondary oil pump, anyone have wiring diagrams?

stackz

Master Chief Petty Officer
ok, so the engine is a 93 200hp 2-stroke yamaha we got in florida. it replaced a 86 175hp yamaha 2-stroke.

controls are the ones we had from the 86. We bought a secondary oil reservoir from ebay and the motor and sensor work for it. The sensor on the primary tank bolted to the engine works as well. I have no issue retesting the sensors though and I did lose the multimeter test paperwork we found online.

The manual switch on the motor for the secondary oil tank works as well.

When running around, the engine will consume the oil from the primary tank, the sensor will trip, and the engine will go into limp mode. We then have to shut it off, use the manual switch to fill from the secondary reservoir, and off we go. The secondary tank will not automatically fill the primary oil tank for some reason.

Also, when we bought the engine, the manual switch definitely shows signs of decent use (worn nice and shiny and the rubber boot is torn from being flipped so much).

without the circuit diagrams all I can figure out is that the system runs through the solid state control pack mounted on the rear of the engine. I'm guessing there's a relay or something in there that went bad (everything else must still work obviously as the engine runs fine) and the previous owner must have just been cheap and decided to use the manual switch instead of paying for a new fully functional control pack.

I would just like to have the wiring diagrams and the test procedures for the oiling system so I can confirm/deny my suspicion. I just dont know where to look?

Last edited:

stackz

Re: issue with secondary oil pump, anyone have wiring diagrams?

also, will the system still work properly if not hooked up to the "all-in-one" electronic gauge?

we got the gauge when we got the engine and the secondary pump. I want to believe its completely hooked up but I think I remember the trim gauge not working. something about some of the "patch harnesses" we ordered from yamaha not lining up properly or something and colors being off. but even if the gauge is not hooked up so you dont see the green/yellow/red lights on it, the pump should still function via the sensors and the control unit I would think?

stackz

found a pdf service manual on a netherlands based site with a complete troubleshooting procedure for the oil tank system and for the cdi ignition complete with ohm readouts per pin for the cdi. will report back.

stackz

does anyone have a better more clear picture of the upper diagram? even blown up online I cannot read the color codes of the wires.

diagram.jpg