Digital tachometer broken??

Roland112

Cadet
I have a 60hp yamaha 2-stroke from 1998. It has digital tachometer that always have worked fine until yesterday when I put the boat into water again after the winter season. Then the tachometer shows as the picture below shows. Instead of showing rpm it says "F" and the trim indication shows one upper and one lower indication always. What can be wrong?! I live in sweden and spareparts for yamaha is extremely expensive :grumpy:
bild (5).jpg

N1NE1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Digital tachometer broken??

My "GUESS" would be a fault / bad connection from the tach wire,If nobody else on here can answer I would call Yamaha.It doesn't say anything about that in the manual

Roland112

Cadet

The yamaha dealer here had not heard about this...! The dealer here is useless always, they are expensive and do not know anything.
Does it say anything about faulty codes on the display in the manual?

N1NE1

Petty Officer 1st Class

do a search on google for "yamaha command link round manual"

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander

That tachometer is not a Command Link one.

Your tacometer is defective and needs to be replaced. There is no repair.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Probably best to replace it...unless you know electronics very well, then I'd open that puppy up and figure out what went wrong. But that is just me and my warped thinking... Time to look for another one it seems...IF you have verified all wires are connected and good connections. Before spending any money, check those connections out well... JMHO!

Roland112

Cadet

hmm okey, do you know where I can buy this tachometer? In the US everything is much cheaper than here....=( used or new does not matter.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

hmm okey, do you know where I can buy this tachometer? In the US everything is much cheaper than here....=( used or new does not matter.

Actually I've had pretty good responses from the product manufacturers through the years. So I would contact the tach manufacture via email and tell them what your problem is and how they can support you. You might ne amazed that they could send you another one for publicity and problem solved. Either way it is a worth a shot anyway. :D

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander

2013-MRP-Catalog

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a tachometer kit and take the tachometer from there.

This website does not sell Yam tachometers but won't let me link to Yam website that sells at discounts. Try www Simyamaha Dot com

Roland112

Cadet

I have now tried all above but the only place I find it is on ebay in the states which means tolls, import, 20% tax etc...****!