2002 Yamaha 200 hp buzzer going off

itwins02

Recruit
I ran my 2002 Yamaha 200 hp and the buzzer went off at high rpms.
They told me to check if overheating.
I replaced the poppet valve, spring, grommet, 2 thermostats, oil filter in the reserved tank, spark plugs, fuel filter, water pump, impeller, ran it with saltaway, water strong stream and not hot.
I tested it on the water again same at high rpms it drops rpms and the buzzer goes off again.
I don't know what else to do or check.
Any one with similar problem or any suggestions.
Please reply....

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 2002 Yamaha 200 hp buzzer going off

Who is this "they" that told you to check for over heating?

A Yamaha digital tachometer will tell if the alarm is over temperature or low oil quantity related. What are you seeing on your Yamaha tachometer if you have one?

It is possible that if the oil strainer is partially clogged or the electric oil pump is not operating properly then the engine can use more oil than the remote tank can keep up with. Or, an oil hose may be failing internally or is pinched. As soon as you hear the alarm stop the motor. Inspect the oil tank. Is it half full or more?

itwins02

Recruit

They is a boat macanic that was in BF MARINE. he told me that
I don't have A Yamaha digital tachometer it doesn't feel hot.
Both oil reserve are full the pump sends the oil to the small reserve and are full, I replace the oil filter behind the oil reserve.
I'm going to check if any hoses are pinch.
What do you think can it be the thermo sensor.
Please reply
Thanks

Who is this "they" that told you to check for over heating?

A Yamaha digital tachometer will tell if the alarm is over temperature or low oil quantity related. What are you seeing on your Yamaha tachometer if you have one?

It is possible that if the oil strainer is partially clogged or the electric oil pump is not operating properly then the engine can use more oil than the remote tank can keep up with. Or, an oil hose may be failing internally or is pinched. As soon as you hear the alarm stop the motor. Inspect the oil tank. Is it half full or more?

N1NE1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does the oil tank on the side of motor fill at a normal rate? Run it with the lid off and see if it stays full. Theres a few strainers in the oil line it could be

itwins02

Recruit

Thanks I will run it with the lid off to see the oil.
Thanks