94 Yamaha 150hp oil injection

Sugo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I purchased a 1994 Yamaha 150TXRS, Good compression, good seals, nice shape. Before I ran it, I noticed the link rod for the oil injection was missing, upon further inspection I found that the drive gear for the oil pump was also removed. I ran the motor using mixed fuel, runs great. I wish to replace the missing parts to take advantage of the oil injection. If I assemble all the oil pump parts, disconnect the oil delivery hoses while running it on mixed fuel how much oil should each tube produce at a certain RPM. Is this how it should be tested? I know I will get much feedback suggesting to leave it disconnected, however the oil injection on my 200hp Yamaha ox66 has been bullet proof and very convenient. Any tips are much appreciated.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 94 Yamaha 150hp oil injection

service manual for that motor should have that info

Maybe someone with that 20 year old motor with chime in if they have the manual,
but if you plan on working on it yourself ,I recommend finding the manual

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 94 Yamaha 150hp oil injection

I can't remember off the top of my head but holding the oil line loose from the engine, you will see it pulse upward about once a second at full oil advance. It might move 1/16 each pulse. There is an official measurement but I would have to look it up next week. So what you appear to be missing is the shaft with the worm gear. A manual would be real helpfull for you especially on setting oil pump linkage.