Yamaha F115 TLCR 2004 fuel filter

Philbert202

Recruit
I just bought a boat with a 2004 yamaha F115TLRC engine. On the inspection the line from the white fuel pump to the inline filter was written up as worn. The filter connection going to the pump had black tape on it, is that normal? Second, I can't find the filter part on line and my dealer isn't a big help. It looks like this in line filter was elimanited from later engines.
Can I just splice in a connector in place of the filter or should I just use an after market outboard motor filter?
I have ordered a service manual but it's not here yet. thanks for any help. Also, does the fuel flow to the pump or towards the filter.
Thanks for the help!
Phil

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yamaha F115 TLCR 2004 fuel filter

Ideally, there will be a filter in the boat.

I have not heard of a "white fuel pump". What is this?

On the motor the first filter is the primary fuel filter. Fuel is pulled through that filter by the mechanical pump which then sends the fuel to the Vapor separator tank (VST). In the VST is the electric fuel pump. The electric fuel pump has a filter at its inlet. The electric pump sends the fuel to the fuel injectors. The injectors have a filter installed in their inlets.

In 2005 another filter was added to the F115 that your model did not use. It looks like a hose. Some don't see it as a filter by just looking at it.

You can go to Yamaha Outboards and then to the parts catalog for your specific model. Every part used on that model will be seen in the parts catalog.

Philbert202

Recruit

I'm wondering if I have a late model 2004 with the filter installed. When I look at the 2005 engine parts manual I see a filter that looks like mine. When I check the part number it says it's obsolete. I'm checking with a different dealer this next week.
Thanks once again oh, I don't have an external water/fuel filter.
Phil

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander

Two bad you don't provide the part number of the filter. If it is the filter that was used starting in 2005 then a service manual for a 2004 model motor won't show it either.

If it is part number 68V-24502-01-00 then it is just a matter of that part number having been replaced by a later dash number.

Capt Ken

Commander

There is an inline filter between the fuel pump and the VST canister. I've replace two on motors this past week. Problem is, I don't how you are going to get the clamp loose on the VST side being it's behind the intake runners. There should be a plastic sleeve over the hose on the fuel pump side of the filter.