Suzuki Tilt/Trim need some instruction.

unitedcs

Recruit
Hello. I'm having an issue with the tilt/trim on my 90DF. I guess the trans fluid is contaminated because it's milky. The tilt goes down but up slowly and eventually needs help up. Can someone tell me how to purge the old fluid and replace it. I've got most of the milky out and filled with new trans fluid but do not know how to bleed it properly. Thanks

jack daniels marine

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Suzuki Tilt/Trim need some instruction.

hi.
I have not worked on a motor like yours however the following may work, Is this how you replaced the fluid?

drain and refill a small amount at a time, mixing the new and old fluid untill finally the fluid remaining is all new.
If the current fluid is like milk then it will be easy to see when the new fluid is all red.

motor down
drain out as much as possible out of the reservoir, suck it out with a syringe and small hose if necessary.
refill.
up down a couple times to mix it
repeat the process.
maybe the fluid vol is a half to a quart gal. at a guess, if you can suck out a fifth at a time it shouldn't take too long. Just keep going untill it is completly red.

it should displace any air out into the reservoir by itself if you tilt up and down a few times.
let it sit a while first if the fluid is aerated. Could also be that the fluid level is low again now. I guess the motor needs to be up to check the correct oil level.

I guess it worked ok with the old fluid

Last edited: