1996 Suzuki 115 HP beep Alarm

garzajgm

Cadet
I just bought a 1996 Suzuki 115HP oil injected motor , the motor looks really nice , the previous owner took really care

During this past Sunday I went to the SPI for motor testing , everything start in the right pad ,however after 1 or 2 minutes the alarm went off it was a single beep it last for about 2 seconds then gone , I increased the speed 20 MPH , then the alarm went off again but on this time the motor decrease the speed by it self ..... during all this time I was able to observe that the water was flowing through the pee as suppose to be , so I assume that it is not overheating issue

What I observed is that the oil level from the oil tank did not decrease at all , Could be an oil injection issue ?

little bit of background ... My Mechanic was not able find the proper wire routing to properly hook the oil, RPM & temperature gages , I was wondering if this could be the issue.

Sorry for my terrible English ... I am Mexican

Hope somebody be able to understand what I just wrote and eventually give an advice

Tks Josue

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1996 Suzuki 115 HP beep Alarm

some Suzuki motors had water level switches in block to alarm when the block was not filled up along with high temperature alarm
and oil flow switches to alarm when there was no or not enough oil flow.
Probably have low oil level alarm also

Best thing to do is rig the gauges up properly so it can tell you what the problem is

Or start troubleshooting to find the problem

Last edited:

garzajgm

Cadet

I just ordered the service manual from browspoint site for better reference , once the gauges be propertly rigged I will turn on the motor , hope the issue be solved , in case the problem persist , then I will check the whole oil system .... I will keep you posted

tks

garzajgm

Cadet

I just receive the service manual , proceded to properly rig the main monitor gage and the RPM gage , those showed signals that work properly , I fill a can with a pre remix gas just in case the oil system could have issues , start the motor , imidetaly the check engine signal turn off in the main monitor ,according the service manual this is an indication the the voltage is not operating properly , I proceded to take all the accesories and jack plate disconnected from the battery and just keep the motor connected ... I starrt the motor again and bingo no beep no lights off in the main monitor , I trotle to be at 2000 RPM and after 30 seconds ... Beep , I checked the main monitor and found that the rev limit , temp and check engien lights went off ... I turn off the motor and proceded to check the cooling water sensor first thing that I observed was that the sensor supose to have wires ,the one my motor has looks like dummy sensor does not have any wire at all , anyway i removed to take a look ... I broke the dem thing.... next i did was to check the thermostat ... The thermostat does not look Ok , actually it broke while removing .... now I will order both things to keep troubleshooting.....

Any ideas or suggestions about the root cause ?

garzajgm

Cadet

I already replaced the thermostat . Cylinder wall temp sensor , impeller , also i rigged a water presure gauge , unfurtunately the issue still there , beep plus the temp, rev. limit and check engine lights ... I keep the motor running at idle for around 10 minutes and the beep alarm plus lights went off twice in a period of 5 minutes , the beep alarm stay for about 2 or 3 seconnds ; next step was to perform a trial by kepping the temp sensor losse ( connected to the led wires coming from the Main Module but not inserted to the cylinder wall) same time 10 minutes at idle withs similar results beep alarm and lights twice , after trial I touch the motor bocl close by the thermostat locations and could maintain my hand with no issues , it was just warm

the water coming from the pee hole was really strong

any suggestions ?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

some Suzuki motors had water level switches in block to alarm when the block was not filled up along with high temperature alarm
and oil flow switches to alarm when there was no or not enough oil flow.
Probably have low oil level alarm also

time to start testing to see what is calling for the alarm

garzajgm

Cadet

how and what should I test ?

Appreciate you help Tks

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

get a service manual for your motor and follow the steps in it to test the things that cause the alarm to sound.
I do not have a manual so I cannot help, but maybe someone else will be able to

garzajgm

Cadet

I finaly found the root of the issue , you wont belive but the issue fall into the spark plugs ; when i bougth the motor I ask the owner to remove the sparks plugs so i was able to check the cylinders compresion , while he remove the spark plugs he broke one and he just replaced it with the first one he found , Today I call with a Suzuki expert guy , I describe my motor issues , first thing he told me was to make sure that all the spark plugs are the suzuki recomended , I reviewed the 4 spark plugs and found that the one the previous owner replaced was not a suzuki recomended , I replaced for a suzuki recomended one and then the issue went away.....

tks for your help

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

did he say how a spark plug sets off an alarm?

garzajgm

Cadet

The guy said that the suzuki computer Its very sensitive ,

garzajgm

Cadet

that even that samll variation from the sparg plug affects the performance therfore the computer send the fail signal

garzajgm

Cadet

I went fishing during yesterday.... The motor work really well .... no issues at all .... i am really happy with the Suka performance