'93 Suzuki 200hp...trim-tilt problem

wjob

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can't get the motor to go up or down? The hydraulic fluid is up to full. The motor sounds like it is running in both the up and down mode, but not doing anything else, doesn't go up or come down? Don't hear the click of any solenoids? It is the two wire motor. Any thoughts on how I should go from here?

thanks

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: '93 Suzuki 200hp...trim-tilt problem

relays have to click to make connection before the T&T motor will run.

Have you had this thing apart?
good chance the motor is not turning the pump due to coupling problem

wjob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Haven't had it apart but believe problem appeared after engine fell from it's stand, about 5 ft., onto the ground (grass). Every thing else seems to be normal. What's your suggestion?

thanks

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

pull T&T motor to see if coupling is still intact

Falling that far I wonder if it damaged some of the internal relief or other valves

I would take it to a good shop to see what they say

wjob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks 99yam40. I will check the coupling and report back but it will be a few days until I can get to it. If I have to take it to a shop, should I take the whole engine or pull the trim-tilt mechanism and just take that? I've never pulled a trim-tilt mechanism so I don't have any idea of how tough it is to do?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

I have never even looked at a 1993 200 Suzuki so I can not say how easy it would be.

A service manual should give you steps needed to R&R then you can make up your mind if you want to do it

If you take the whole motor to the shop they would have a better chance of making sure it works properly after the fix