Question on Yamaha & Mercury 40 HP motors ???????

garyhamm

Recruit
Trying to decide to put a 40 HP Yamaha 4 srtoke gas assisted or Mercury 4 stroke , elec. / tilt ??
I have heard that Yamaha is the best with less breaks / problems. I don't want to pay the extra $1000 for TNT.
I know I see alot of Yamaha on the lakes and fishing holes. I will be exclusive fishing in War Eagle 1648LDV lakes, ponds, trout rivers. What is your professional and experienced OPINION???? PRO's and CON's ......Please

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Question on Yamaha & Mercury 40 HP motors ???????

Just be careful as to what you want. Many have purchased a Yamaha without trim and tilt only to want to add it later. It is not a simple plug and play issue. You can pay the Yam man money now for an F40 with trim and tilt or you can pay him a whole lot more later when you decide you need the power trim and tilt function.

Both are good motors. Go with whatever brand has the most dealers in your area so that one is convenient to you, if and when needed.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Question on Yamaha & Mercury 40 HP motors ???????

Tilt and trim is a feature I just wouldn't want to be without.....sorta like power steering, brakes, cruise control, power windows on a vehicle....