Advice on Impeller Replacement - Yamaha F90

pckeen

Commander
Hi,

I want to replace the impeller on a 2012 Yamaha F90 (just a routine maintenance replacement - it's still working fine). I've watched a couple of videos online on how to do this. My question is - should I be replacing any seals or resealing the lower unit when I do this.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Advice on Impeller Replacement - Yamaha F90

Yamaha does not recommend replacing lower unit seals as a preventive maintenance, but you can pressure test lower unit to make sure there is not a problem with it.
Most people just change lube yearly and if there is water intrusion then worry about seals.
Or if you see lube leaking out then look in pressure testing

grasshog

Recruit

Hi,

I want to replace the impeller on a 2012 Yamaha F90 (just a routine maintenance replacement - it's still working fine). I've watched a couple of videos online on how to do this. My question is - should I be replacing any seals or resealing the lower unit when I do this.

Just replace impellor and your good to go

robert graham

Admiral

Buy the impeller replacement kit and it comes with all the parts, gaskets, stainless steel cup, etc. that you'll need. You won't be needing that plastic water pump body at this time. Clean/polish parts, driveshaft, splines, etc. and re-assemble with marine grease...A tube of the Mercury Quicksilver 2-4-C is very good and should last you for years for nut/bolt/fastener threads, assembly, etc...