New f150 rigging question

gonnabe

Cadet
Mounted a new f150 today on a project boat.

Able to hook up everything except the 4 wire/pin harness for the tach/gauge sender. For the life of me I cannot find the plug or location to plug this in on the motor.

Spent two hours staring , removing covers and wondering where the heck it plugs in.

Any help or suggections would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New f150 rigging question

It looks just like the connector at the end of the trim/oil harness. Only one is male and the other is female. It is an ivory coloured four pin connector. Should be in the engine pan near the ten pin harness connector. Should be two pink with black tracer wires, one solid pink wire and one pink with white tracer wire.

Capt Ken

Commander

Is this new to you or brand new? If brand new, who is doing the required PDI to activate the warranty?

gonnabe

Cadet

Thanks for the quick replies- looked through the pan, maybe it's tucked under some other wire. Did see an Ivory connector, but these didn't appear to match. I will double check tomorrow

Brand new motor- dealer I got it from (whom I've known for many years) will activate warranty. I just like to rig my own boats as I like things a little more custom than dealers want to do.

gonnabe

Cadet

Found it! Thanks Boscoe

Amazing the amount of effort Yamaha went to to hide the thing.