2006 Suzuki DF 15 runs perfect in neutral, but not in gear. No power and bogs down.

duskur1981

Cadet
I started having this problem two summers ago. It started out just once in a while. The motor will run perfect in neutral, even when you rev up the throttle, but once it is in gear it has no power and bogs down under a load. It used to run awesome on the open water then it slowly would bog down here and there. Usually if I revved it up in neutral and popped it into gear, it would kick out of the bog mode, and take off like a bandit. That doesn't work anymore.

I am convinced that it has something to do with the card jets, but I took it apart last summer, and it still acted the same. Although I am not sure if I got all the jets out because I wasn't able to remove the float.

I have tried different gas cans, and lines as well. I am at a loss, and want to get this fixed before Spring rolls around and I am dying to get back on the water. I have been having troubles finding info online about this motor, this problem, how to rebuild this carb or remove the float, etc.

I appreciate any future help. Thanks.

greg daigle

Cadet
Re: 2006 Suzuki DF 15 runs perfect in neutral, but not in gear. No power and bogs do

if you take carbs down and soak them in good carb cleaner over night that should clean them the float has a pin and screw on it remove them anf float should come off

duskur1981

Cadet
Re: 2006 Suzuki DF 15 runs perfect in neutral, but not in gear. No power and bogs do

Ive cleaned the carb a couple times, unless I didn't do a good enough job. I also replaced the oring, cap, needle, and gasket. Still nothing. Seems to have full power in reverse and it will idle all day. Just no power in forward gear.