multifunction tachometer has one flashing bar over the oil icon.

jfb3941

Recruit
I have a 2004 yamaha 150 four stroke.After changing the oil there is one flashing bar over the oil icon.I have checked for leaks,none found.Oil level is within 1/4" of the full mark.The motor doesn't want to run over 3000 rpm.I am not sure what the flashing bar means or if I have more than one problem.Any help would be appreciated!

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Re: multifunction tachometer has one flashing bar over the oil icon.

It means exactly what the owner's manual says that it means.

Keep trying to run that motor over 3000 with a low oil pressure problem, and low oil pressure will be the least of your problems.

jfb3941

Recruit

I purchased the boat and motors used and I have no manual for the 6y5-8350t-81-00 gauges.If there is a low oil pressure problem where should I start looking? The motor will stay at 3000 rpm for over an hour and only when I try to accelerate it drops back down to 3000.A friend suggested I might have injector problems along with the oil pressure bar flashing. Is it possible that I did something wrong when I changed the oil? I appreciate any comments.

Last edited:

Capt Ken

Commander

Believe the gauge not your friends. You have little or no oil pressure and the engine is trying to protect itself but will not shut competely down. That is the limp home mode, not the take it out and run the dickens out of imode. You may already have damaged your engine to the point it may need bearing replacements. Get it to a shop with the diagnostic equipment to see what is going on. You did use a Yamaha filter didn't you?