Suzuki 2008 DF115 cooling problems

golfpro

Recruit
Today at 8:16 AM

I have a Suzuki 2008 DF115 with cooling problems. I had all the routine things done to it, new water pump kit, checked water pressure valve even changed rubber exhaust seal below the water pump. I'm getting water coming out the thermostat housing but the water return hose coming off the thermostat has what feels like exhaust back pressure keeping the water from circulating. When you pull the hose off the thermostat housing you can feel the back pressure. We also tried blowing air back into the water system too. Now my mechanic tells me the next step is to pull the engine and check for corrosion or blockage in the water system. I'm trying to avoid the extra cost. I have taken it to my local Suzuki dealer three times to no avail, it just keeps costing me money! I have called Suzuki and they are no help whatsoever.

Hoookup123

Recruit
Remove impeller check and see if there is a vent hole of some type in the impeller bowel , and that the ears are not bent! You can either JB weld the small vent hole or replace impeller housing along with impeller ( note the sealing has to be perfect the little hole they now don't use anymore , don't know why but just went threw two weeks of trials and repairs and that is what fixed mine 2004-115 hope that helps

Hoookup123

Recruit
Remove impeller check and see if there is a vent hole of some type in the impeller bowel , and that the ears are not bent! You can either JB weld the small vent hole or replace impeller housing along with impeller ( note the sealing has to be perfect the little hole they now don't use anymore , don't know why but just went threw two weeks of trials and repairs and that is what fixed mine 2004-115 hope that helps ( the impeller cap is what I was meaning sorry about that ) or call inland boat center ca