2002 F225 yamaha ticking noise coming from under powerhead!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanna_chris

Recruit
I need help!!!! i have a 2002 F250 yamaha, i have replaced the heads adjusted the valves changed the lower unit and it is making a ticking noise-but only after it warms up. ticking is more noticeable at 1800 RPMs. in forward gear. real noticeable in reverse! :faint2: very frustrated!!!!!!!! help!!!!!!

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: 2002 F225 yamaha ticking noise coming from under powerhead!!!!!!!!!!

Re-check the valve lash would be a good starting point.

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 2002 F225 yamaha ticking noise coming from under powerhead!!!!!!!!!!

Lets back up a second. Why did you replace the heads?

F225Yamaha

Recruit
I had a ticking typically on startup and until warmed up. Several months ago. Last week powerhead lost power at 4000 RPM and I had idled it back to the ramp. Will remove cylinder heads tonite off the powerhead that is on a dolley in the garage. I'll report on block damage soon. Metal in oil pan resembled ring damage.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I had a ticking typically on startup and until warmed up. Several months ago. Last week powerhead lost power at 4000 RPM and I had idled it back to the ramp. Will remove cylinder heads tonite off the powerhead that is on a dolley in the garage. I'll report on block damage soon. Metal in oil pan resembled ring damage.

When you do report, do it in a new thread. Look how old this one is and the OP never came back. We'll close this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.