Is Winterizing Necessary for Heated Storage (Yamaha 2003 90HP Carburated 4-Stroke)

snooktarpon

Cadet
I store my boat (using Yamaha 2003 90HP Carburated 4-Stroke) all year at my business warehouse. It's heated and the coldest it gets (when I'm not there) during the winter is 50 deg F. The boat will be unused for about 3-4 months (late Nov to March).

From what I read, most winterization procedures are for boats storage outside in sub-freezing temps. I know that I need to use fuel stabilizer (and get it into the motor). So is there anything else I should do?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Is Winterizing Necessary for Heated Storage (Yamaha 2003 90HP Carburated 4-Stroke

Hi, snooktarpon.

Nope. Stabil in the fuel is all you need.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Is Winterizing Necessary for Heated Storage (Yamaha 2003 90HP Carburated 4-Stroke

Still a good idea to drain each carb before lay-up...it's a 10 minute job at most and great insurance against fuel/water/whatever contamination in float chamber/carb jets...

snooktarpon

Cadet

Still a good idea to drain each carb before lay-up...it's a 10 minute job at most and great insurance against fuel/water/whatever contamination in float chamber/carb jets...

Thanks. I just ordered a fuel/water separator in addition.

robert graham

Admiral

Yep, with the Stabil, fuel/water separator and draining the carbs, you should be good to go!....save yourself a lot of fuel related grief, problems, waste of time, lots of $$$$$.....

snooktarpon

Cadet

Yep, with the Stabil, fuel/water separator and draining the carbs, you should be good to go!....save yourself a lot of fuel related grief, problems, waste of time, lots of $$$$$.....

I just received my fuel/water separator. I was thinking... If if I install the fuel/water separator now, it's basically going to sit dormant (with the filter full of gas w/ethanol) for 3-4 months. So wouldn't it be better if I install this in the spring?