2001 Yamaha 130 2-stroke difficulties starting when warm

KWbayreef196

Recruit
I just took my new-to-me Bay Reef out today fitted with a 130 yamaha 2-stroke. I had a hard time with the cold-start this morning, but when I finally got it going and then anchored, it was still difficult to restart it when warm.

I just read on here that with a cold start, I need to hold the choke in for about 5-8 seconds and throttle about 25% and then turn the ignition....and I understand that.

But what I dont get is...why was I still having difficulties starting the motor when warm?
I primed the bulb, turned the ignition, but it wont start on the first or few turns.

I've always been on my brothers boat who has a suzuki 4 stroke, but this is my first time working with a 2 stroke.

thanks.

dpfundst

Seaman
Re: 2001 Yamaha 130 2-stroke difficulties starting when warm

I just took my new-to-me Bay Reef out today fitted with a 130 yamaha 2-stroke. I had a hard time with the cold-start this morning, but when I finally got it going and then anchored, it was still difficult to restart it when warm.

I just read on here that with a cold start, I need to hold the choke in for about 5-8 seconds and throttle about 25% and then turn the ignition....and I understand that.

But what I dont get is...why was I still having difficulties starting the motor when warm?
I primed the bulb, turned the ignition, but it wont start on the first or few turns.

I've always been on my brothers boat who has a suzuki 4 stroke, but this is my first time working with a 2 stroke.

thanks.

I have a 2001 90hp 2 stroke
Cold start procedure -- pump bulb until firm.........turn key.............engine starts..........it not, there are issues
new gas/old gas?.....carbs cleanout, fuel lines....do u have new spark plugs?...........etc...list is pretty long list