Yamaha 150 4 stroke/Injector problem

gregtexas

Recruit
I have a 07 Yamaha 4 stroke. My dealer sent my injectors off to be cleaned and rebuilt. Ran fine for a little while, then motor felt like it was missing but cleared up when I got on plain. Shut down and couldn't get it started. In fact it would turn over and shut down. Finally started but was running ruff. Got up on plain and it settled down however I started losing RPM and it started running ruff. Had to run about 20 minutes to get back to dock.

Turns out, one injector ha filled up my cylinder. Pulled plug and gasoline pour out of the cylinder. Waiting on new injector.

Worried that running the motor I could have seriously damaged the motor. I hate to tear the motor down to check it out but what other tests should I run to test it. I know a compression check should be run. Any other suggestion. I feel like the injector company should be responsible for any damage. Any advise would be appreciated.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yamaha 150 4 stroke/Injector problem

I doubt any damage ensued. Only way to verify it is to do a hot engine compression check to compare the cylinders against each other.

Unfortunately, a warranty for an injector more than likely would be limited to a replacement injector. Warranties generally exclude consequential damage.

Shermanator31660

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Yamaha 150 4 stroke/Injector problem

It would appear your injector guy didn't bench test them properly or something. I just had mine done this past summer and he even had me come in the shop and showed me what they were doing, new seals and a good cleaning and the motor has never run so well! I don't think it would damage your engine unless it filled the cylinder up and it hydraulic'ed (piston stopped moving!) and then you could bust stuff. Other than "washing" that cylinder clean of oil from all the gas in it, like mentioned a hot compression check should verify that for you...Sherm