1985 Suzuki DT85 Water Bypass Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

ne13918

Recruit
Hi - I read some post that the water bypass value that is located under my clyinder head can be plugged because it really serves no purpose and has been discontinued in later models.

Can I plug this hole in the top of the block and if so what would a good product to use to plug it?

Thanks.

ne13918

Recruit
Re: 1985 Suzuki DT85 Water Bypass Valve

I lost the bypass value so if it serves no purpose then I was going to plug it.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

If it is the PRV that you are talking about, it is there to relieve high pressure while motor is running at high RPMs, it closes back off when RPM drops so that the motor stays full of water during low RPM.

If the designers put it in there , they had a reason.
Kind of like the stats, some people thing they can remove them without causing ant problems, but they are wrong

deejaycee_2000

Captain

It is there for a reason I agree, I would not plug it .... 99Yam, you right if you remove a t-stat you can cold seize the motor, I have done this ...

ne13918

Recruit

Thanks for the updates. I found the valve and installed it.

Jkiser1

Recruit
Where is the water bypass valve located and how do I get to it to see if it’s the problem. I have a 1987 DT 75 that is clogged somewhere between the water tube and the block. No water goes into the block when a water hose is held to the bottom of the water tube

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Where is the water bypass valve located and how do I get to it to see if it’s the problem. I have a 1987 DT 75 that is clogged somewhere between the water tube and the block. No water goes into the block when a water hose is held to the bottom of the water tube

This thread is 7 years old and inactive. Start a new thread of your own

Status
Not open for further replies.