Trim Problem of Suzuki 200hp 1999

Habibalby

Cadet
Hello,
I have a problem in the Trim it doesn't work up or down when I press the switch up or down in the Controller or the Switch in the engine itself all I can hear is Tech Tech of electercity sound. I noticed when the engine starts and start running little bit after sometimes it will work normal. When I switch off the engine, sometime either it will work or it will stop with Tech Tech sound of the relay.

Any tips and tricks to make it works? I'm a newbies in this kind of world but I know a bitand my nephew can help me to troubltroubleshoot the issue.

Appreciate if someone would give me the manual of this engine or a link to YouTupe video that could assist me in getting this issue resolved.

Thanks,

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Trim Problem of Suzuki 200hp 1999

Welcome to iBoats ... Sounds like there is a lack of voltage, you need to check any cables or connections for corrosion and clean it up ...

Habibalby

Cadet

Thanks for your reply deejay, is there any diagram I can see which connectors or relay I must check? I want to see what voltage they should give and how much I get as a testing result... sorry for asking to many questions....

deejaycee_2000

Captain

I unfortunately don't have a manual for this motor ... but have a look on brownspoint.com for the parts manual of your motor, it gives you a good indication of how it all fits together .... your solenoid relay seems fine if you hear it click .... I have had endless problems with corroded terminal connectors and cables (even though they look fine) giving the same symptoms ... I once took my whole motor apart only to find that the battery terminal cable was corroded where it connects to the terminal ... epic fail

Habibalby

Cadet

Hello and thanks Deejay for your reply we opened it today and found out that by giving direct power to the Trim via the boat batter it works intermediate. After we took it out I found that the wire that comes from the Trim motor is completely not isolated. It seems the problem is a mixture of electrical and the Motor itself require some maintenance.

I will post back the solution of this later.

Thanks for all effort and contributions made.

Regards,