Intermittent Starting Problems with 2000 Yamaha 250 Salt Water Series II

cmb1

Recruit
Hi All,

I have a 2000 Yamaha Salt Water Series II 250 2 stroke that has started to have intermittent starting issues i.e. Boat didn't start the other day and after repeated tries would not fire up. Today it started first crank? This is the third time now where I have had this type of problem over the past few weeks. It has happened both when the engine is warm and cold.

I have replaced the plugs, the inline fuel filter is good and clean, the fuel is good. This particular model has the prime start feature (no manual choke).

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks,

Marc

leg01as

Recruit
Re: Intermittent Starting Problems with 2000 Yamaha 250 Salt Water Series II

Hi All,

I have a 2000 Yamaha Salt Water Series II 250 2 stroke that has started to have intermittent starting issues i.e. Boat didn't start the other day and after repeated tries would not fire up. Today it started first crank? This is the third time now where I have had this type of problem over the past few weeks. It has happened both when the engine is warm and cold.

I have replaced the plugs, the inline fuel filter is good and clean, the fuel is good. This particular model has the prime start feature (no manual choke).

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks,

Marc

Whats the condition of the fuel bulb? Does it stay hard when primed? Just replaced both of mine today.

JK