Yamaha F90 - Sudden loss of both trim switches and Ignition??

TommyBass

Recruit
Was out fishing this weekend, boat ran fine all day. Parked at the dock to go get my truck, come back for the boat and I have nothing at the key, acts like the battery is dead. Doesn't even try to start. The trim won't work on neither the throttle or the engine itself. All of my accessories run off the same battery, and they continue to work fine. I check all of the easy to get to fuses, the little 20 and 30 amp car style ones in the fuse 'box' under the cowling, and all of the fuses that I could see on the buss underneath the console. Nothing was blown. Are there any hidden relays or anything I should check? 2011 G3 1860 with 2009 Yamaha F90.

PS... there is no solenoid 'clicking' when either trim are hit. All silence.
PSS... checked my 10 pin, and the red wire is hot with 12v to it.

Any other ideas on what is going on??? Have a tournament very soon, any quick advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks a million,

TommyBass

Last edited:

TommyBass

Recruit
Re: Yamaha F90 - Sudden loss of both trim switches and Ignition??

Ok, fixed the problem, and thought I would tell you how in case anyone else has the issue. After checking EVERYTHING I couldn't find any loose connections or blown fuses. So I went ahead and took everything off my battery, even though there was no sign of corrosion and the wing-nuts were tight. I lightly went over all the connectors with sand paper and sprayed them with electrical protector, reattached them and everything worked just fine. Somehow on my drive back a connection must have been jarred to the point it wouldn't let enough current reach the motor, even though I was reading 12V on the 10 pin connector. Very weird that I wasn't even getting the motor to try to start with 12V reaching it, but hey, its fixed so I'm not complaining.