Yamaha 130 V-4 Upper crank bearing installation question

Purple Shark

Recruit
Hello all- I am in the process of reassembling the crankshaft upper seal housing and upper main bearing on my 1999 Yamaha S130. The Yamaha service manual calls for the seal and bearing to be lubricated with water resistant grease (Yamaha grease A, or Yamaha marine grease). I had bean under the impression from other resources that only seals require the water resistant grease and the main roller bearings should be lubricated with 2-cycle oil, and in fact all of the other main bearings are specified as such. Is a water proof or resistant grease to sticky for the roller bearings? Why would the service manual specify heavy grease for the upper bearing?

My first thought is that due to the poor lubrication in general of the upper bearing, grease is now specified. If that is the case, could I use BRP water poof triple-guard grease?

I am about to reinstall the crank in the housing and do not want another catastrophic failure of the upper crank bearing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chris