Yamaha Precision Blend 25hp oil question

skatenorth

Recruit
I'm a total noob to outboard motors and this forum. I got an old(early 90's) 25hp Yamaha Precision Blend from my grandfather and I just have a few questions about it.

First question is about the oil. There is a separate oil tank inside the engine so I know I don't mix oil with the gas. I am just wondering if Precision Blend means it's a 2 stroke with oil injection, or that it's a 4 stroke? What kind of oil do I use for this motor?

I can take pictures of the motor if it will help anyone answer this question. Thanks in advance!

westcoaster90

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Yamaha Precision Blend 25hp oil question

it is a 2 stroke and any TCW3 oil poured into that tank will do the job. there are better oils then others though. if running the oil injection system there is no mixing of anything. oil in the inboard engine tank and gas in your fuel tank. good to go :thumb:

skatenorth

Recruit

Thanks for the answer! I can't wait to get out on the water. She just needs a good tune up.

johnj11

Cadet

I have an 89 130 with same system. Just bought it a month ago and previous owner was told to only use Yamalube. Nearest dealer 1.5 hrs from me. While chatting at shop I learned that the system runs at 100:1. At that ratio I am not willing to chance running generic oil. Besides the Yamalube was as cheap or better than other brands Something to consider.