Having problems with my impeller on 25 hp Yamaha tiller

I have a 25hp Yamaha tiller motor and I am having some problems with my impeller. I brought it to the shop last year where they replaced the impeller. I hadn't run it until this past weekend when I noticed a problem. I didn't have that "pee stream" of water coming out of the back of the engine. Instead I have water rushing out of two holes near the front of the shaft of the motor. The first picture shows the water coming out of the holes on the shaft of the motor. The second picture shows the holes with the motor shut off. The third picture shows a hole further up the shaft of the motor. If I plug the bottom two holes the water starts coming out the top hole. Sorry for the pictures being sideways (I wasn't sure how to change it on my work computer). It seems like the impeller is working but the water is not getting pumped up to the motor and out the hole in the back. Does any one have any suggestions on what to do? I am not very mechanically inclined but after watching some videos I think I could take the bottom end off to access the impeller. Any suggestions would be super helpful. Thanks!

photo (2).jpgphoto (2) (1).jpgphoto (3).jpg

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Having problems with my impeller on 25 hp Yamaha tiller

have you checked to see if tell tail is plugged? Could be pump is doing fine but you just do not see it because of the plugged TT
I am not sure if the water is suppose to come out of those holes normally or not.
Did you ever look at that before?

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Having problems with my impeller on 25 hp Yamaha tiller

Spiders and mud wasps sometimes build nests in the tell-tale tube/port....stick a section of stiff monofilament line(like weed eater line) into tell-tale to ensure it's open....