115 Suzuki Wiring Problem

Panama Tom

Cadet
My '06 115 is having electrical problems ( sometimes the key is dead in all positions randomly ) I have traced the wiring through all of the wires from the key switch. I think that the problem is in the white wire on the switch. It has a connector 4" from the switch that goes to another white wire, that wire has 2 other white wires spliced into it then goes into the wire harness and comes out at the engine. On the engine it is confusing because they all are into connectors, except 1 white wire that comes across to the other side of the engine ( not the side with all of the electrical components are ) I put a signal generator on the wire at the console and It tones out on this single wire at the engine. The seloc manual is very hard to follow the lines, but I cant find the single wire and I cant find where the other end goes at the engine.

I think that there should be 12v at that wire when the key is both ON and START position. Is there a fuse someplace that I am missing? I checked the area by the ECM is and only found 2 60amp fuses and 1 30amp all tested good.

I know that this post is very long but I wanted to be as clear as I could. All of the wiring under the console is a mess as the previous owner used any color wire he had around and never cut off any excess LOL I have been slowly changing the wiring and undoing the RATS NEST. this problem has been going on since we got the boat however I thought it was from all of the bad connectors and twisted & taped wires.

any help as to what that wire goes to would be of great help because now the switch is not doing anything. ( I omed out the switch an it looks good.

Thanks for the help,
Panama Tom

Panama Tom

Cadet
Re: 115 Suzuki Wiring Problem

Thank you, deejaycee_2000 The color chart was as I expected, white +12 V. I Toned out the harness to the outboard and all of the wires were good. After a lot of probing I saw an individual white wire that toned from the console. then I noticed a very small CUT right at the connector. full of corrosion!!!!! cut it and put on a new one and everything works as it should.

again thanks for the response
Panama Tom