False Alarm - Yamaha Fuel Mgmt System

LaneyAnne

Cadet
I have a 23 GW Gulfstream powered with twin Yammie 200 SW series motors, the warning alarm on the ignition gives one long and two shorts beeps when you turn the key and start the motors. Yesterday the port ignition switch gave me a continuous long beep and would not shut off even after the motor started normally and ran fine. During the beep all three of my warning lights (temp, oil, and battery) were flashing. When I shut it down and inspected the wiring at the ignition and alarm buzzer I could only find wiring from one ignition switch up against the alarm so I moved it and all functioned normally afterwards. Twenty minutes later my little girl and I were taking a ride and the alarm came on again, with all three warning lights flashing and again I found that wire touching the buzzer metal. Both oil jugs are full, engines running normal, full battery power and plenty of water squirting out of both motors. Again, I moved the wiring away from the alarm and all returned to normal for the rest of the ride.

I believe I found the issue but am paranoid about this boat/motors as I don't want to blow anything up. Anything else I should check??

Thanks in advance for any input!