Yamaha Tilt and Trim help request,

Ok, first off i've done the search of topics and couldn't find a specific answer on my issue. Lots of ideals on what to try and i've tried them and still want to be sure before i spend money on parts.

I've got a 1998 Yamaha C150TX on a Cobia 19' CC.

My issue is that the tilt/trim isn't working either up or down. My issues started about a month ago, took the boat out then parked it with the motor down. The next time i was preparing to head out tried to tilt it up and nothing. Swapped the wiring at the solinoids, got a bump then switched them back. Got it up and worked it several times, took it out with no issues. Parked it for about 2 weeks with the motor up and now nothing except the click of the solenoid when i press the switch for up or down. I've tried most suggestions mentioned on other posts with no result so i'm guessing i'm down to replacing either the solenoids or the motor.

I appreciate any help as i'm still a novice at learning the in and outs of troubleshooting.

aheiting

Recruit
Re: Yamaha Tilt and Trim help request,

I have a 1999 OX 66 V6 with a trim/ tilt problem. The tilt motor runs, but was stuck in the trimmed up position.
After lowering the motor using the relief screw, it appears to be locked down, preventing me from raising the motor manually for inspection. Two beefy boys were unable to tilt the motor at all with the relief screw open.
Also, the trim gauge is stuck in the 6 bars up position.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yamaha Tilt and Trim help request,

I have a 1999 OX 66 V6 with a trim/ tilt problem. The tilt motor runs, but was stuck in the trimmed up position.
After lowering the motor using the relief screw, it appears to be locked down, preventing me from raising the motor manually for inspection. Two beefy boys were unable to tilt the motor at all with the relief screw open.
Also, the trim gauge is stuck in the 6 bars up position.

I see that you are new here. It will be much better if you start a new post. You are riding on the back of a post that is almost six months old. This is not considered good form. Not as bad as all caps, but still, considered to be somewhat in poor taste.

Also, reread what you have written please. It consists of five sentences. They are all statements. If you are just here to tell us of your problem, then statements are good.

But, if you would like some help trouble shooting and fixing the problem we need to know about it? If so, a sentence or two in the form of a question would be beneficial.

Mighty Mako

Recruit
I have a 115 Yamaha 1994. The trim will not go up or dowm. When trying to raise the engine the solenoid clicks. Lowering he engine no noise, nothing happens. I tested the motor, by jumping it, goes up and down. My question is if one solenoid is bad will the trim not work at all. Any other ideas on troubleshooting?