Yamaha 1993 C85TLRR 85HP Prop Questions.

shackle101

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all I'm trying to find the best prop for this motor based on how I use the boat (tubing & skiing) I want to get the most possible torque without taking a huge hit on speed. Currently I have k type 21" prop and it will get the boat up to around 32-38 mph top end depending on how many people are on the boat. I've attached a image with all the recommended prop choices from Yamaha. Right now the problem is when I have a couple people on the boat it has a hard time starting out when pulling. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Boat type V hull ski boat 18.9ft

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

shackle101

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamaha 1993 C85TLRR 85HP Prop Questions.

I've been doing some reading and it seems a 4 blade prob might be the answer to my problems with torque, hole shot, and capacity (load) issues. Still would be curious if there is any other pitch in the 3 blade selection that might work better for me.

Also would stainless provide better performance as well?

Thnaks!

Toddboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamaha 1993 C85TLRR 85HP Prop Questions.

My only comment is something I learned from this forum... that aluminum props sacrifice themselves when you hit something, but SS props sacrifice the teeth on your gears. Much better off with an aluminum prop if this is the case.