Adjusting inlet seat/float height on 1996 Yamaha 9.9ESHU Keihin carb

MrMirro71

Cadet
Ok, I'm helping a friend with this motor. Apparently the "last guy" in the carb punched in the brass inlet seat flush with the carb body and now she floods. Is there a way to get the brass seat back out 1/8" to get the float at the right height? I haven't taken the topside of the carb off yet. How do you get it out to replace the bass seat? EZ out?

Toddboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Adjusting inlet seat/float height on 1996 Yamaha 9.9ESHU Keihin carb

I have Keihin carbs on my 2003 Yammie 50hp, but the seat removes with a socket wrench and can only go so far before the carb body stops it. Can't imagine that it could be punched into the carb body past the threads. Perhaps the "last guy" also removed the head off of the seat so he could get it to recess into the body? If there is no slot on the top of the seat, you may have to make one and then screw it out and replace it with new seats. At least with my carbs, there is no access to the seat from the top of the carb.

MrMirro71

Cadet
Re: Adjusting inlet seat/float height on 1996 Yamaha 9.9ESHU Keihin carb

Well, I got it to come up, but it wasn't pretty. I made a puller by using a fender washer and a self-tapping screw. Yamaha says this seat is pressed in, not replaceable and doesn't move, blah blah blah...BS to that! I cleaned up the threads I made with emery cloth and she runs beautifully.