1995 yamaha C115 bogging

townhound

Cadet
I need help guys. Yesterday motor was loading up and fouled plugs. Motor wouldnt start and had to paddle the boat back to the cove we are camping in. Luckly not far!! Today i pulled the carbs and cleaned, pulled fuel pump and cleaned, changed plugs, changed primer bulb, noticed fuel line was showing wear so i changed it. Motor starts easily and idles but "bogs" all theough the rpm range and plugs are starting to show fouled again. Pulled the boat out and started on the hose. Pulled plug wire on each cylinder to see cylinder drop. Driver side bank was more noticible than the other side but it was still a noticible miss. What should i try next? Clean carbs again? It was noticibly better since i cleaned but not running tip top. Possible i just moved the junk around inside the carb? We have 5 more days at the lake and are camping on vacation. There is only a NAPA auto parts store around where we are at.

townhound

Cadet
Re: 1995 yamaha C115 bogging

This is the fourth trip we have taken this year and motor has ran perfect. Owned it for four year and bever had a problem.

Toddboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When the motor wouldn't start, perhaps it was flooded. When that happens, don't you have an emergency fuel enrichment (choke) lever on one of the carbs? Or you can raise the throttle up (in neutral) while starting the boat to let more air in to offset the excess fuel. Did you try either of these before paddling back?
Maybe give the carbs a bath in carb cleaner for a couple days. That should get into all the places you can't reach.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

if compression, spark, and timing are good then you are left with fuel.
Clean again and make sure to adjust like service manual says

townhound

Cadet

I dont have my manual with me, its at home....yes i am a moroon!! Can someone tell me how to adjust? I am guessing 1 1/2 turns out but cant seem to find it on the internet. It now starts and idles just fine but plugs are showing signs of gradually fouling. I will run to napa for more plugs and carb cleaner.