HPDI tech help needed, oil injection issue

fec1958

Recruit
2002 HPDI 150 has an oil leak. Pulled VST tank found the lower oil injector line going to the crankcase was leaking, clamp had rusted off, also fitting was also rusted pretty bad, while trying to install a tie wrap on hose, the fitting broke, have found the fitting in the parts book. Couple of questions, has anyone ever had to replace one these and if so how do you remove the old one, are they a press fit or threaded? I think this is the correct part 68F-13552-00-00 nozzle also need to replace some of the chech valves part #646-11370-00-00 , in the attached photo you can see the fitting and the hose comes directly from the pump and it is a clear hose not gray. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a photo of the part that I need, you can see the clear hose to the right that connects to it

Attachments

• IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 0

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: HPDI tech help needed, oil injection issue

It's a tolerance fit and you might be able to work it out but it's tight.

fec1958

Recruit

Thanks for the reply, if I cant work or pry them out what other option is there to get them out? Still don't understand why only this section on my port engine has these fittings rusting badly, my starboard engine and the starboard side of the port engine are all fine.

Capt Ken

Commander

You have a moisture issue with that area. Other options is, if it breaks off, drill. But remember, all holes are metric.