2001 Yamaha 200 hp ox66...newbie question on fuel system.

Y-O

Cadet
Hello all. Sorry to make this sound long winded as a 1st post here.....but need some info. Owned inboards and I/o's my whole life so this is new to me.

Bought a 21 W/A with a 200 HP Yammi. Test drove her before purchase and ran great. Havent dunked her yet on my own yet, but of course had to tinker with things as she sits on the trailer at home.

So I decide to drain the Racor to see what is in it...all good, no water. BUT, I left the petcock slightly loose on the plastic bowl and it drained the filter empty overnight.

Started it on the hose today only to realize the Racor is empty and the filter on the engine is running lower and lower. Turned engine off, and tried pumping primer ball only to suck air. Removed racor canister and filled it manually with fuel. I was able to now pump the primer bulb until solid and engine filter filled to top.

Started her up and ran fine on the hose, Racor bowl stays full. What I did notice, is when primed, the engine canister filter is full when primed, but drops about an inch when the engine is started (filter with red ring).

Normal? ... or should that engine canister remain full to the top when running?

Paranoid thinking I did something wrong pumping the primer ball with the Racor empty?

Thanks for advice /help.

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 2001 Yamaha 200 hp ox66...newbie question on fuel system.

Normal.