Suzuki Remote Control Identification

gunny1361

Recruit
The person we purchased a 1991 Suzuki DT15C from also gave us a suzuki remote control that I am having difficulty identifying. There are no identifiable model numbers I can use as reference. I do not now if it is compatable to connect to the outboard we purchased.

My question is twofold:
(1) Can anyone identify the remote control from the picture that I have attached and is it compatable?
(2) Can the remote be wired safely to the outboard? There are two sets of wires protuding from the outboard that I have traced to the electric start button and the other goes to the stop switch button on the tiller. The remote has 7 wires that I need to know what they control and are connected to electronically, or if the remote can be used at all.

I've attached a few pictures and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Electrical Controls DT15c (1991).jpg
    Electrical Controls DT15c (1991).jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Suzki Remote Control-Rear.jpg
    Suzki Remote Control-Rear.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Suzki Remote Control-Front.jpg
    Suzki Remote Control-Front.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 0

TwoRivers

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Suzuki Remote Control Identification

Sorry I can't identify the shifter but you can probably get it to work. You need to find a wiring harness for your motor. It will be the part that attaches to the motor and connects to your shifter cables. It looks like someone cut the connector off the end of your cable. The wiring harness will come with a connector attached to one end that's suppose to plug into your cable. You can probably match the wires up if you get a wiring diagram to make it work.
Looks like you have another issue. There doesn't appear to be a remote steering tube on your motor? It's the part that the steering cable gets attached to. Not sure how that gets resolved?
Good luck