Suzuki 115 4strok (oil light and rev limiter light)

jas504on

Cadet
Got a 115 Suzuki 4 stroke that when on plane it will beep and go into safe mode (taking me of plane) with the oil light and the rev limiter light coming on but the rev limiter light will go off when I back the throttle down to I guess below the safe point; changed the oil and oil filter changed the water pump as it was old, changed the fuel filter on the engine (small one) and I reset the oil change alarm. When first starting up it will run fine and wide open for about 10 mins and then it will sundenly take me off plane and go through that whole scenario. I am leaning towards the oil pressure sensor but I was hoping to get a second or third opinion her... anyone?

jas504on

Cadet
Re: Suzuki 115 4strok (oil light and rev limiter light)

Got a 115 Suzuki 4 stroke that when on plane it will beep and go into safe mode (taking me of plane) with the oil light and the rev limiter light coming on but the rev limiter light will go off when I back the throttle down to I guess below the safe point; changed the oil and oil filter changed the water pump as it was old, changed the fuel filter on the engine (small one) and I reset the oil change alarm. When first starting up it will run fine and wide open for about 10 mins and then it will sundenly take me off plane and go through that whole scenario. I am leaning towards the oil pressure sensor but I was hoping to get a second or third opinion her... anyone?

Well can anyone at least tell me the location of the oil pressure switch on a 05' 115hp Suzuki 4stroke?

Any help is appreciated thanks

MARV1

Seaman Apprentice

Did you add enough oil in it? A buddy of mine said 5.5 quarts is needed when you change the oil and filter. Check your dipstick, make sure it is showing the proper level of oil when trimmed down...

Larry G 117

Cadet

How many rpms is it shutting down at . Do you run ethanol fuel in your boat . I have an 06 115 and my engine limits out at 6000 rpms but will warn me first by beeping and flashing the light for about 30 seconds before shutting down . If you run ethanol fuel you need to have all fuel lines in hull changed . Mine were breaking down and I would lose prime due to the pieces building up in front of the primer bulb and it takes about 10 mins to use all fuel in line and water separator before shutting down.