2013 Yamaha F25SEHA w/CMC Hydraulic Tilt and Trim - Tilt Lock Question

Gr8fulHogFan

Recruit
First I want to thank the users of these forums for all the great advice and information over the years.

Due to age and a youth spent feeling bulletproof manually tilting the motor referenced in the subject from inside the boat is virtually impossible so I installed one of the CMC Hydraulic Tilt and Trim devices and now even with the "tilt pin" (for lack of a better term) in the lowest position and the hydraulics in the lowest position my G3 1448PF won't plane out without porpoising when it's only me in the boat.

If I remove the "tilt pin" the shaft on the motor is more closely perpendicular to the transom but it appears that attempting to run the boat without the "tilt pin" the lower parts on the tilt lock mechanism would be damaged or cause damage.

If I remove the tilt lock in order to get a more perpendicular geometry at the lowest setting will I damage the pivot point or anything else on the motor?

Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice.

Tim

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2013 Yamaha F25SEHA w/CMC Hydraulic Tilt and Trim - Tilt Lock Question

You might see about getting some transom wedges to change the angle the motor is mounted at or put a foil on.

My 16' Xpress SV has the same problem. I bought it used and it came with a hydrofoil(Dolfin I believe).
I remover the foil but it would porpoise unless I put extra weight up front. I put the foil back on instead of getting the wedges

Gr8fulHogFan

Recruit
Re: 2013 Yamaha F25SEHA w/CMC Hydraulic Tilt and Trim - Tilt Lock Question

Thanks for the reply and information. Knowing the right term helps in the search. I had never seen nor heard of transom wedges. Thanks again.