Light grey/blue oil sheen/slick suzuki df250 2004

FiveHorizons

Recruit
Very light, wispy oil slick around motor after tilting or moving engine. Pretty sure it's not from tilt motor, as it radiates from drips leaving lower cowl Recently took it to dealer, they couldn't find any source of leak, suggested it might be unburned fuel in exhaust as thermostat was bad on port bank. Replaced thermostats, still seeing oil on the water. Flywheel replaced per recall in 2006, engine is 2004, around 800 hrs. No drop in oil level. Again, this is not a rainbow slick like raw oil or gasoline, very light but noticeable enough. I don't want to be 'that guy' at the marina! Boat is kept moored, no visible oil when she's berthed.

Observing oily gunk in the bottom of engine cowling. Removed lower cowling, leg had gunk on it. Cleaned everything up with degreaser. Going back tomorrow to see if it improved.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm hoping that over the years and through multiple oil changes where a little oil may have spilled has accumulated, heats up when engine runs, and drips down. Also gave it a generous coating of 6-56 recently, but it was 'leaking' before.

Also, found a loose hose clip in the cowling, hinges open, ratchets together. Pic attached. Anyone know where these are? Could it be holding a fuel or oil line?

Thanks to anyone that has suggestions, this is driving me crazy!