Yamaha 115 Outboard Warning Alarm Buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Hunter

Recruit
I have Yamaha 115 that the warning alarm went off on last week. I have read the other post on this subject. It was a over heat alarm. The water pressure gauge was not registering at all, so I replaced the impeller. Took it to the lake today and the water gauge is working good now, and the pee stream is a lot stronger. Alarm did go off today though. it only went off when I tried to trim up the motor. Just as soon as you touch the trim button the alarm goes off. The battery was low when I put in and I jumped it off. Could the battery voltage cause the alarm to go off in this matter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 115 Outboard Warning Alarm Buzzer

Some motors have a low voltage alarm also. Hitting the t&t switch will drop voltage.
Never a good idea to put a low battery in a boat.
outboard charging output amperage is not like a auto.
Best to keep a fully charged battery in it and then just let motor keep the charge up

2Hunter

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 115 Outboard Warning Alarm Buzzer

Thanks. Going today to get new battery and see if slarm
Still goes off.

Left-one

Recruit
I have a 1997 Yamaha outboard (2stroke) that I can’t get rid of the alarms. Replaces thermometers, oil sensor in oil tank on motor and cleaned oil filter on tank on motor. Alarm still goes off at higher rpm. Don’t know what to check next????

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have a 1997 Yamaha outboard (2stroke) that I can’t get rid of the alarms. Replaces thermometers, oil sensor in oil tank on motor and cleaned oil filter on tank on motor. Alarm still goes off at higher rpm. Don’t know what to check next????

Please start a new thread of your own with some details about your motor. "1997 Yamaha (2stroke)" isn't enough for us to even start offering advice.

Old thread - Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.