09 yamaha 25esh flooding

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 09 yamaha 25esh flooding

my thoughts are to buy Yamaha parts and pay for the good stuff if you want it

perkdp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 09 yamaha 25esh flooding

does anyone have the link and sync procedure in a way you could make it available to me ? (hyperlink, scan and email or post )

perkdp

Petty Officer 1st Class
2013 was bit of a rough year and perk_zk and I have just gotten back on the 25 ESH bad idle problem. Got a manual, checked & adjusted all spark timing + advance + throttle + idle to specks. Bottom cylinder still dead at idle. Took carbs off and found the flat gasket on the top of the bottom carb had a hole in it over the low speed mixture holes. Replaced the new SIERRA gasket (we had done this to top carb back in june/july) with the OEM saved from june/july work. FINALLY we got it like it ought to be. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SIERRA for distributing the junk we dealt with in this situation. I have never had a problem with SIERRA parts for old JohnyRudes but these Yamaha kits were CRAP. I believe SIERRA is a division of SeaStart Solutions if you'd like to touch base with them. I see if can get a picture to post....

perkdp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Late 2013 - 2014 was a pretty rough year so perk_zk and I have just gotten back on the 25 ESH bad idle problem. We got a manual, checked & and adjusted all spark timing + advance + throttle + idle to specks. Bottom cylinder was still dead at idle. Took carbs off and found the flat gasket on the top of the bottom carb had a hole in it over the low speed mixture ports. So we replaced this new SIERRA gasket (we had done this to top carb back in june/july) with the OEM gasket saved from june/july work. FINALLY we got it like it ought to be. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SIERRA for distributing the junk we dealt with in this situation. I have never had a problem with SIERRA parts for old JohnyRudes but these Yamaha kits were CRAP. I believe SIERRA is a division of SeaStart Solutions if you'd like to touch base with them. I'll see if can get a picture of this gasket to post....

Last edited:

perkdp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Here's a picture of the SIERRA part vs the OEM part. SIERRA - YAMAHA CARB KIT.PNG

Attachments

• SIERRA - YAMAHA CARB KIT.PNG
    SIERRA - YAMAHA CARB KIT.PNG
    1.2 KB · Views: 0