Suzuki 150 won't start

Teykl

Recruit
I have a 2010 Suzuki 150 fourstroke. Will not start and trim doesn't work from console but it does work from motor. All fuses are good. Anyone ever seen this problem

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Suzuki 150 won't start

Howdy, teyki.

Welcome to iboats. :)

Does the engine turn over or do you just get a click from the starter solenoid?

That could be caused by battery, battery cables and connections or miswire. If all of those things worked in the past, first load test the battery, then take both ends of both battery cables off, scrub them shiny and reinstall.

Teykl

Recruit

i used it a couple weeks ago. decided to put two new batterries in it. now everything works on the boat including the trim button on the motor. The motor is dead in the water the gauges and alarms and tilt and trim is dead also. there is good voltage to motor

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That is different. Look for a fuse or circuit breaker.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

You forgot to connect the battery sub wire (white wire).

Teykl

Recruit

the white wire you are referring to goes from where to where because i dont have any wires in the battery compartment that arent hooked up i double checked and they are all terminated to eithert the battery or the perko switch

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It will be the white wire that controls 12 volt to the ecm. Usually attached to the battery but have seen junk work where they connect it to the positive to the starter. Look under the cowling by the main engine harness and youll see a single wire bullet connector follow the wire. If not there the only other area to look is at the other end of the main wire harness up under the console.