Suzuki DF60 Oil Pressure Warning

bumpty-bump

Cadet
I've just bought a 2003 DF60 four stoke that is giving me a few problems but the computer read out didn't highlight any issues. The main issue I have is after running it for a 20 minutes at around 4500 revs followed by an hour or so of trolling at around 700rpm, the oil warning lamp started blinking. I checked the oil level and it seems fine and the oil is clean as it had just been serviced. I restarted the engine and the light remains flashing along with the rev limit light blinking twice and the audible alarm sounding.
The engine was running great up to the point that the warning light came on. Can anyone suggest what I should start looking at first?

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DF60 Oil Pressure Warning

The flashing oil lamp is the oil change indicator. You are probably seeing the rev limit lamp flash twice prior to starting the engine, which would be an indication of 1,000+ hours. When the key is just turned to "ON" and the oil change alert activated, the alarm will sound.

I highly recomend you get an owner's manual as it will explain just hoe the caution system works - any Suzuki dealer can get you one.

bumpty-bump

Cadet

The flashing oil lamp is the oil change indicator. You are probably seeing the rev limit lamp flash twice prior to starting the engine, which would be an indication of 1,000+ hours. When the key is just turned to "ON" and the oil change alert activated, the alarm will sound.

I highly recomend you get an owner's manual as it will explain just hoe the caution system works - any Suzuki dealer can get you one.

I have the Suzuki workshop manual for the engine. I presumed that as the engine has been serviced before I bought it that the oil change warning would have been reset. You are correct that the engine has 1050 hours on it (give or take a couple). The oil is clean on the dip stick, but I may just change it and the filter and reset the warning system to be sure that it has indeed been changed. Thanks for your advice.

dpoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If the oil HAS been changed... Try resetting the oil light by turning the key to the on position, pull off the kill switch key and pull the button out three times in quick sucsession manually. That MAY solve your problem. (don`t forget to put the switck key back in)

bumpty-bump

Cadet

Thanks to everyone that replied. I reset the oil change warning system and I've ordered up a filter and oil and will change them this week. I ran the engine at idle for a couple of hours in a tank of water this evening and no warning lights. I'll print off key pages from the manual and keep them in the boat in future. Thanks again for your good advice.