2002 Yamaha 90 won't stay running

Exmoore

Recruit
Here is the condensed story:
A few days ago I went to run my boat. Been in the barn for about 2 months.
Idled rough. When I gave gas, would start to go, but then would not get up on plane. Would not get up to speed. Would cut off at idle, but restarted fine.

Two days later, never left the dock. Would not idle. Never got good pressure in bulb.

Here is what I did:

Replaced below deck fuel lines from bulb to pickup tube on tank. Replaced bulb, anti-siphon bulb, fuel pump. Installed brand new water-fuel separator.

Primed fuel lines with bulb, ran great in driveway for about 10 seconds (I guess until fuel in carbs burned up) then died. Not wont stay running.

Running put of ideas. If I disconnect fuel line on carb. side of fuel pump, I have no problem squeezing bulb and have fuel shoot out of fuel pump.

I don't think it's a carb. issue, since it runs when I take it all apart and put,it back together and prime everything...

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Thank you so much.

Erik

Exmoore

Recruit
Re: 2002 Yamaha 90 won't stay running

Ran from a remote tank last night with new gas - ran perfect.
Then siphoned 5 gallons of the gas out of the boat and put it in another external tank and it rank rough and cut off a few times.
Color is darker - does not smell quite as strong.
Might be bad gas.
Gonna run it on the river today on an external gas can and see what it does under load.
AT LEAST, it's not the carbs!!

Erik