Which 25 hp Yamaha do I have?

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1994 Yamaha 25 hp 2-stroke and cannot determine which 25 it is-the 24 cu. in. (395 cc) or the 26 cu. in. (430 cc) engine. The model number is C25ELRS and the serial number is 695-L-559xxx.

I hate to ask but I need an answer as soon as possible. I'm doing some work and the specs are different for some things.

Many thanks,

John

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Which 25 hp Yamaha do I have?

I have a 1994 Yamaha 25 hp 2-stroke and cannot determine which 25 it is-the 24 cu. in. (395 cc) or the 26 cu. in. (430 cc) engine. The model number is C25ELRS and the serial number is 695-L-559xxx.

I hate to ask but I need an answer as soon as possible. I'm doing some work and the specs are different for some things.

Many thanks,

John

BUMP I've still been researching this and cannot find an answer. Also, I saw something that made me believe that there was a 25 hp 2-stroke 2 cyl. larger than the 26 cu. in. (430 cc) engine. I'll try to find more on this. Unfortunately, I jotted this down on a scrap of paper, lost it, and don't remember where I saw it. Fairly certain, it was a parts supplier's application chart.

Thanks to anyone who can help

John

Capt Ken

Commander

I show 84-86 having a 2.835 bore and 88-05 having 2.638 if its a 6L2 model. Also showing a 96-02 model with 2.343 .
But I'm showing the C model as just the 2.638

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I show 84-86 having a 2.835 bore and 88-05 having 2.638 if its a 6L2 model. Also showing a 96-02 model with 2.343 .
But I'm showing the C model as just the 2.638

On the engine I have (1994 C) only 2 variations are listed in my manual. Both are 2.64" bore, but one has a 2.20" stroke and the other has a 2.40" stroke. I guess I could devise some way to measure the stroke through a plug hole. I've searched and searched and found nothing to identify the two varieties.

Thanks,

John

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

what service manual do you have?
an after market one that covers all HP and many years of production?

I would think that a Yamaha service manual for your model # would give you all the info, it will cover the motor that was built that year.
and I do not think they build multiple different 25 hp motors with that model #

And what is it you are trying to do that you need this info?

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class

what service manual do you have?
an after market one that covers all HP and many years of production?

I would think that a Yamaha service manual for your model # would give you all the info, it will cover the motor that was built that year.
and I do not think they build multiple different 25 hp motors with that model #

And what is it you are trying to do that you need this info?

It is an aftermarket Seloc (sp?) and does cover all. This may be the problem. Most of the spec charts, with the exception of one, do list two possible sizes. If it was just a misprint, doesn't look as though it would be in several different charts. The one exception that listed only one was the ignition chart.

I did not think they would build two motors with one model number, but there's no distinction in this manual.

Specs on setting the carburetor (hey! I spelled that right first try) differed in setting the float. It was close, but not the same. We just split the difference. Seemed to work fine. Hopefully, I'll have it in the waterway next week and know more about how it performs.

If I don't run into anything else, it's sort of a moot point now. If someone had a Yamaha manual and a spare minute or two to check, I'd appreciate it. And it may never matter again.

I just really thought someone might know off the top of their head.

Thanks to all,

John

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

That is the main reason to pick up a Yamaha service manual for your motor, it covers your model not a bunch of others

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is the main reason to pick up a Yamaha service manual for your motor, it covers your model not a bunch of others

Yeah. Can't really fault this manual though, other than a few bad pictures that are hard to decipher.

Thanks

John