Yamaha F90 Tach/Trim Indicator Wiring

RWC Whaler

Cadet
I bought a Yamaha multifunction indicator for a 2007 F90 and went to install it, but the only connector I found that fits has 4 pink wires. Since they are not the same color as my harness, it makes me think it is the wrong connector. The wires on the engine connector are Pink, Pink/White, and 2 Pink/Black wires. The harness is Pink, Orange, Gray, annd black and match the colors on the indicator. Can anyone confirm that this is the right connector? Thanks

RWC Whaler

Cadet
Re: Yamaha F90 Tach/Trim Indicator Wiring

I bought a Yamaha multifunction indicator for a 2007 F90 and went to install it, but the only connector I found that fits has 4 pink wires. Since they are not the same color as my harness, it makes me think it is the wrong connector. The wires on the engine connector are Pink, Pink/White, and 2 Pink/Black wires. The harness is Pink, Orange, Gray, annd black and match the colors on the indicator. Can anyone confirm that this is the right connector? Thanks

I bought the repair manual and it confirmed that the connector was the right one, but the trim indication is not correct. It is out of adjustment, so I'll check the calibration procedure.