2001 yamaha sx250txrz 0x66 no HP fuel pump and injectors not firing

angler0520

Petty Officer 3rd Class
so i have been working on this boat for a while now and have gotten nowhere when you key on power the high pressure fuel pump should run for a few seconds mine does not i have jumped it with power probe and there is nothing wrong with pump while running pump i have tried to turn it over and it will not start i am getting nothing through the injectors anyone have any guesses? i have already checked main relay all fuses

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2001 yamaha sx250txrz 0x66 no HP fuel pump and injectors not firing

should have 12 + to the pump anytime key is on.
ECU controls the ground to run the pump.

Do you have the 12+ to the pump?

Capt Ken

Commander

You need to plug a diagnostic laptop in to see what faults you may have or even if the ECU is getting power.

angler0520

Petty Officer 3rd Class

99yam40 yes I have the 12v to the whole system using my power probe I aded ground too the blue wire and pump runs fine.
Capt ken I have the diagnostic blink tool for this motor and plugged it in and get nothing I don't believe the ECU is getting power or is grounded properly any suggestions on how to test.
Thank you so much for any help

Capt Ken

Commander

Been awhile since I used the Wilkie blinkie and thinking the engine has to run before it will blink. Have you made sure the key switch or kill switch isn't grounding out the ignition?

angler0520

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ya it does say in the service manual that the motor should be running to read codes but i was told that it should work with just key on power but could be wrong. yes i have checked the key switch and everything checked out fine. i did find something today when i was scratching my head over this thing again i completley disconected the motor from the boat wiring. i started doing continuity checks on the 10 pin conecter to trace what wire each pin is conected too. i got them all traced and made a diagram when i got to the ground wire i was getting continuity through three pins one was the brown that is the start wire for the starter selinoid and the other is the red wire. i cant find any breaks in any of the wires. the wiring harness is still conected too the ECU tomorrow i am going to disconect from the ECU and see if i still have same results. what do you think am i going in the wrong direction is there any other basics that i should check

Thanks again for your help i really apreciate it

Capt Ken

Commander

It's rare to have a ECM failure. Locate the small white wire going into the ECM and make sure it's not grounded. That is the kill wire

angler0520

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yes sir i have already done that it is not grounded. i pulled safety lanyerd just to check system and it does ground out but returns too normal when safety lanyard is reinstalled

angler0520

Petty Officer 3rd Class

figured out the problem lastnight yellow key on power was not making it to the CDI found 5 bad spots in the wiring harnes. i suspect this motor has been submerged the wiring harness is falling apart thanks for all your help