1994 Yamaha Pressure Control Valve grommet problem....HELP !!!!

dafraf

Recruit
In replacing the Pressure Control Valve grommet on my Yamaha 200 I pushed it all the way through. Tried in vain to grab it with a probe/coat hanger wire to pull out.....no luck.

So now what????? do I just leave it in.........will it block any passage ways???? or remove the exhaust cover (and all 22 screws ......undoubtedly breaking a screw that I won't be able to drill/tap without removing the entire power head?

Anyone have any ideas or tricks.............I have read several posts warning about NOT pushing the groomet through (of course after I already did it) but, haven't found one on what to do after the fact.

HELP !!!

And....oh yes.......stats, water pump impeller and new grommet did not solve my overheat alarm........

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 1994 Yamaha Pressure Control Valve grommet problem....HELP !!!!

Just leave it and let it visit Jimmy Hoffa. 99% chance it will lay out of the way and not cause a problem. To check your water flow, remove the thermostat and cover from the starboard head and start the engine on a set of muffs in the driveway. Water should come gushing out the hole. If not, then you have a flow/volume problem.

dafraf

Recruit
Re: 1994 Yamaha Pressure Control Valve grommet problem....HELP !!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to Capt Ken...........I will leave the grommet to stay with Jimmy Hoffa:lol: saved me alot of worry........

Overheat problem was solved ...........actually did need a new impeller..........even though the existing one was only about 50 hours.....and appeared to be in good shape on inspection...it has been about 3 years....and a salt away treatment just in case..........sea trials this past weekend were successful

Thanks Again