2001 yamaha 150 vmax

sober193

Recruit
My battery was low and wouldnt start my boat. All tach and trim worked. After I changed the battery I couldnt get any power to the motor I looked for any fuse links but could not locate one. All the fuses in the fuse box are good and I have checked and have power to the motor. No tach or trim work Im baffled without explanation everyone says fuse link All accessories on the boat work Any help could be useful Id like to think it is something simple And would definatly preferred not to be taken by my boat mechanic if it can be prevented ...thanks

Natty Light

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2001 yamaha 150 vmax

Have you tried cleaning the connections with a wire brush?

Also, please don't take offense at this silly question but the engine is in neutral when you're trying to crank it yes?

sober193

Recruit

Have you tried cleaning the connections with a wire brush?

Also, please don't take offense at this silly question but the engine is in neutral when you're trying to crank it yes?

Non taken Turns out my wire to the motor was causing a voltage drop and there wasnt enough amps going to the motor even though the terminals were getting normal readings So we fixed the wire thanks to a buddy of mine who understood what to look for. I appreciate the response It had me baffled. Glad to have my boat back!!!

Natty Light

Petty Officer 2nd Class

awesome. Glad you figured it out.
How did he find the culprit wire?