Suzuki DT6 will not get fuel

drumbeater

Cadet
I been working on this thing for a few weeks. I think its an 86 model but not sure. I've rebuilt and had ultrasonic cleaned carbs, fuel pump has new parts, new plugs, new fuel.

I pull and pull and pull and the sparkplugs stay dry. I've got spark. Bowl in carb is full of gas. There is just no gas going to the sparkplugs, they stay dry as a bone. Just a little residue from old oil and some seafoam I sprayed in there to loosen things up.

Compression is 100 in top cylinder and 120 in bottom. Not perfect, but good enough for it to run I would think.

I will say I have no wiring diagram, so I assume all wires are connected, but if the plugs are dry that really doesn't matter, right??

HELP! I'M ABOUT TO THROW IT IN THE DUMPSTER.

Thanks,
DB

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Suzuki DT6 will not get fuel

Okay.....I am not familiar with your motor however...... check your fuel pump. I have seen many people make a simple error in the fuel pump diaphragms not assembled properly. It is just an idea to check that..... I have done it myself.

drumbeater

Cadet

No there are two dimples on the pump and the diaphragms and gaskets only line up one way.

I'm wondering is there anything in the reed valves that could cause a problem? Or would a good compression check eliminate that concern?

I'm not totally up on 2 stroke inner workings.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Compression and reed valves are really not related...... the compression all happens only in the top portion of the cylinder and is cut off from all other sources.

This is an old 2 stroke snowmobile trick.... squirt some pre-mixed fuel into the carb while pulling (a 2nd person helps) and see if you can get fire.

Is your spark hot enough? The spark should jump a 1/4" gap and very brightly too. Since you have cleaned the carbs I would then concentrate on spark.