2006 Suzuki 115 wiring problem

Panama Tom

Cadet
I'm trying to figure the wiring of the 115 suzuki I now have the Main Red tag Wire to the Battery Positive. There are 2 other red wires 1 is abt 8Guage and the other is about 10Guage going to the harness under the floor with them both connected to the battery.

I have 3 Heavy negative wires, 1 goes to the buss bar and the other 2 go under the floor to the engine.

The problem is Phantom voltage draining the battery. when I turn the key on,the buzzer sounds and the oil pressure light on tach lights up then they both stop and the tach goes to 5000 and stays for a few seconds and then drops to zerro. The rev limit, temp, and check engine lamps don't light up.

The engine will start and run fine and the PTT and trim tabs all work properly.

With the key off I still have all the switches Lights, bilge pump, live well, Etc working.

Does anyone know if there is a solinoid from the ign switch on position that controlls the accessory panel and the positive side of the buss bar that I am missing?

The diagrams in the Seloc repair manual only show the light switch for dash lights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Panama Tom

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2006 Suzuki 115 wiring problem

what is your complaint? Is the battery dead after sitting? this may be a boat issue not engine wiring. it sounds lijke its wiried like most there is power all the time to accessories. you may just need a main cut off switch, but you should find source of draw.

Panama Tom

Cadet

@stylesabu the battery is going dead and the guages are staying on drawing amperage. Also I am not sure which lights on the tach should come on when turning the key to the on position. Normaly there is a fuse block to check what circuit is causing the draw, this boats fuses are all in line ( if it has a fuse ) the trolling motor was wired direct without a fuse LOL.

(On a sidenote is that a Winged Warrior? I have a 68 Bird 383 that I bought new.)

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

all tach lights come on when turning key to on, this is called a bulb check, to make sure bulbs light. the gauges should be tied to ign switch.so you haven't a master on/off switch? did you just get this boat? if there is a soliniod it is part of boat wiring not the engine

Panama Tom

Cadet

Thanks for the reply,
I just got the boat, and who ever did wiring in the past didn't know what they were doing. I started to trace wires and found all sorts of problems like crimps not tight using 2-3 diffrent color wires on the same line, nothing was wiretied or taped etc. I have about .5 amp draw on the battery at all times. There is no master disconnect YET. My main problem is not knowing what wire goes where. The diagrams in the Seloc repair book are not the same as what is in the boat.

I will put a master disconnect in first then start with the tach to check the circuits in the lights that don't go on. then I'll go from there.
thanks for the help

Panama Tom